ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go with the 1mm HKS, I want to keep .045" between the top of the piston and the squish area. I have flattop Venolia forged that have a -.005 deck height and the pistons have valve reliefs that were originally used to help lower the compression with my N-42 head. The bore is 87mm with the expensive $200 total seal rings. Rods were race prepped by Top-End and the crank was fully prepped by Westside performance in Houston. The cam is from Top-End with 278/282 duration and .480" lift. They said the effective powerband on the cam is from 3500-8300. The car is a daily driver, but with emphasis on drag racing and I don't want to pull past 7500 rpm and most likely 7200. I run the Tech II also. Anyway, I want to run in the neighborhood of 16psi on 93 octane from a big shaft 60-1
(P-trim w/.70 a/r housing)(racegate wastegate) and I use the 27"x8"x3" core Bell intercooler. My last motor was able to run 18-19psi on 93 octane. I do want to run some race gas, but boost no higher than 20psi. I have a 75mm TB and have just made a custom intake manifold. Runners from a set of tripple webbers welded to an old Cartech plenum. The backside has been cut off and a taper was placed to help better distribute the charge. I will be sending it to Bell soon to have the injector bosses
welded /custom fuel rail/ and the mounting flange milled
because of slight warpage during welding. I have ordered 3mm oversized exhaust valves and want to know if I can run the stock intake valves for my intended application. Since I will be primarily running 93 octane I don't think I will have extreme exhaust temps, 1400-1450. What do you recommend? Pretty long post, huh?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Repost for Stealth, P-90 head questions!</b

I think the P90 was a good upgrade it has improved combustion effeciency due to increased swirl and detonation resistance . The new oversized exhaust valves should increase turbo response . My understanding that the oversized valve is not needed on the intake to retain high inlet velocity at the lower rpms, this increases swirl and increases fuel atomization . My experience is with N/A engines and the turbo changes everthing low lift cam duration . 16 psi whatever I wonder how long that will last hehee!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.