ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 90 and up 300ZX twin turbo have an LSD R200 and does it fit in the 83 ZXTurbo? 83 turbos already have the CV joint half-shafts. I see you guys posting about the 87-89 turbo in a Z & ZX, but what about the last generation? They are showing up. Thanks Doug.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: REAREND FROM 90+300ZXTT FIT IN A 280ZXT?</

No it does not. My mechanic has one sitting on the floor of his shop and it is much bigger than a R200. Though you are right about it being a LSD. It would take extreme mods to make it fit. It looks to be 25% physically larger and it weighs a ton. I guess I should put on a scale to see the difference.

Sorry.
ZR8ED.

·
Registered
79 Posts
RE: REAREND FROM 90+300ZXTT FIT IN A 280ZXT?</

Also on 90 twinturbo rearends you have a steering mechanism that become active after a certain speed. I don't think the 83 can support that function.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super HICAS

You might want to ask the guys in the 90-96 forum, but I don't think the Super HICAS (four wheel steering) in the twin turbos had anything to do with the differential. I might be wrong, but if I remember the press info, it was built into the rear suspension. The 240SX had it as an option too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.