ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NO MAN!!! Do a Turbo, its better for you soul...

Read the above post... :) I have owned a trick VZ, they plow through corners, are difficult and expensive to do, and desecrate the very being of a Z. Come on, Detroit steel in Z is like pissing in cheerios. All joking aside, they both have their ups and downs, but if I had it all to do again I would do another Turbo conversion.

John Cooney
'77 280ZTR

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: Don't listen to him...

See my tech articles at the main home page (Mike's Tech articles on Brakes, Fuel cell And rust repair) and then contact me off line. You can do a 350hp V8z conversion properly for about $6000 and that includes everything, and most of it is aluminum which will get you to within 40# of the Z motor. If done properly they DONOT plow and they don't experience dreaded turbo lag. I have a lot of research and time in it and I can send you pics, and links to sites of other V8Z cars that are also done properly. I'm not sure how the above postere set his up, but mine pulls over a G and will do 60 in about 4 seconds flat, give or take a 10th (According to a Gmeter) and will go fast enough thru the 1/4 to get me kicked off any track in the country. Oh, and it does great thru the slalem......Gee, what more could you ask for...... and it brakes better than most !
Do it, you will love it....But be patient.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$6000 to Go V8 you are nuz?

Sure drop 6k in a V8, and it will handel just like my 1k turbo conversion... But spend 6k on a Turbo conversion and DANM, that motor would kick the **** out of and VZ. 1/4 or track. If nothing else look at the numbers man. 6k vs 1k. Hmmmmm, let me think.

John Cooney
'77 280ZTR

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: John K. Let me ask...

you this question.... How long is your 1K junk yard motor gonna last? I'm talking about a professionally built motor wtih a warranty... A trans and radiator swap and something your Turbo car won't have....
R-E-L-I-A-B-I-T-Y! You guys want to talk how to do a turbo properly and then we can add up cost. You will find that you will spend a **** of a lot more than 6K. Don't believe me? Lets talk about Arias Pistons and Manley rods, then lets talk all the proper fuel and turbo plumbing, not to mention injectors and head work.... Add it up then come talk to me. I built a strong turbo motor once and it cost a **** of a lot more than the motor in the Tech articles I have pictured.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.