ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for you upholstery experts out there. When I got my '82 turbo, it had sat in the high desert, outside, closed up (no windows open) for two years. Having a black interior probably didn't help.

No rust, for sure. But all the vinyl basically fell off all the inside panels of the car. Have any of you had any experience with this sort of thing? The old vinyl is no good, and I know an upholstery place where I can get vinyl, but are there any tricks, special glues or anything I should look for? I want this to look as original as possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Re-attaching vinyl panels</b>

rather than, put new vinly on your panels, why not get new panels from a yard, they usually hold up pretty well, unless of coarse they are in a desert.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Mike, thanks for your input. There are indeed lots of Z cars in the wrecking yards in the area of California where I live, but you'd be surprised how few have black interiors. In fact, I can remember for sure finding only two in the last five years, and both those interiors were either trashed or completely gutted by the time I got to them. I have tried the vinyl paint, though, which seems to work pretty good, so I may still go that route. Thanks again.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

have you tried all z east, they post on this forum and they found me an e brake cable that i have been looking for, for a year?
sorry but i have a 76 and almost all the interiors are black, thinking about i found about 7 zx's in yards last week, and i don't think any of them had the black interior either.

mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.