ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power door lock kit fron Motorsport or VBritish, is it hard to install? Do you have to remove the door skin to get to the lock mechanism? I would like to do this now because I have a pair of doors I am preparing for use. (Great condition no rust,45bucks for the pair!) Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Craig76Z

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
here:)

hiya craig,

I asked this question a week ago and I wanted to go this path as well someone that does this for a living or used to recommended the best aftermarket kit is from a company called SPAL he said the ones from vic brit and motorsport are crap, i'm sure they are but i haven't tried them yet but you might want to give SPAL a try probably cheaper as well
heres the website:

http://www.spal-usa.com/

click on aftermarket products, someone just recommended me to this company so i don't really have first hand basis if its good but its a suggestion so good luck and let me know:)

Zya
yuichi

·
Registered
345 Posts
Simple installation

The lock acutator is basically a solenoid with a sensor/switch attached. It attaches to the inside sheetmetal of the door and has a rod that "piggybacks" to the existing lock actuator linkage. The kit includes a "coordinator" circuit that senses the lock position and actuation (thereby allowing key or button actuation of both solenoids). You will have to drill a couple of holes in the inner door sheet metal to mount the solenoids and holes in the doors/body frame to route the control/power wires. The kits include weathertight couplings for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.