Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Price for a used 280ZX windshield

You must be a nubie to the Z market. Dash covers come in two types: (1) carpet style that you can buy at Pep Boys or other outlets, are essentially a piece of formed carpet that lays on top of the existing dash by way of Velcro, or (2) a vacu-formed piece of plastic known as a dash cap. It is textured to look like the original and covers most of the original dash, including gage pods. These cost $70-90 depending on supplier. Motorsports in CA. has some nice ones. They adhere with glues or foam tape and look better than the carpet and certainly better than the cracked original.
Good luck,
Byrdman

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
byrdman u answered to the wrong thread;)

hey tom,

really the best way to go is check a junkyard if you have one 280ZX's are the most common of the Z's at junkyards i think:) at least around here. So basically if you can just grab one off of there you should be able to get it for cheap. vic brit and motorsport probably sell it for 150 and above so i'd say for a used one max of 75 dollars! don't forget though you should get new weather stripping, and when you take out the front windshield at the junkyard or whever to just cut up all the rubber and then push the window from inside real gently. i won't go into it here but someone told me that if you do it like the nissan manual describe using a screwdriver it will shatter;)

zya
yuichi

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm just so confused......

I was at the junkyard too... I saw mainly 280 Z's... went in looking for a nice 3.70 rear end and came out with a windshield...... I saw an old Z with a dash cap on it and lost my pliers.... should have called it a day there... because when I was in Sears looking at the craftman tools....I ran into an old girlfriend....

I really need to stop drinking.....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't be confused...

You'll just end up ordering the wrong beverage, and then wonder what the ~ell you're drinkin'. Been there. Though, it really doesn't matter at that point.

Bud, Wheaties in a can. It's not just for breakfest anymore, you know.

Toasties,
Rod

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom H.

Tom,

I have a used windshield in an '81 280zx 2+2. Its ready to go to the scrap yard. You can pick it up if your in the middle Tennessee area.

Now that Dennis mentioned it, a brewski or two would be a reasonable swap.

Rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.