ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this site could benefit from a FAQ for Newbies regarding CHEAP ways and expensive ways with a basic order of operations for doing mods to hot rod Z's and engine swaps so they can ask more specific Q's regarding Modifications. It is prettly hard to answer a Q like this..
"I want lots of hp. How do I do it...ps I only have a little bit of money to spend and I'm new to Z's.

I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE HERE...NOR AM I COMPLAINING.....I'M JUST LOOKING FOR A WAY TO BETTER HELP NEWCOMERS WITH BASIC INFO THEY NEED

Here are a couple of examples.
How to hod rod your 70-83 Z for little or no cash.
1 adv timing 1-2 deg ( need to run high test gas)
2 performance air filter (next time you change one)
3 performance muffler

Order of operations for hot rodding your Z (on a budget)

Order of operations for hot rodding your Z (lots of cash)

Parts that should be upgraded when it is time to change them ie different tire sizes for increase in torque, upgrade brake pads when changing them. etc.

Info on engine/tranny/diff transplants
ie all tranny's 70-83 are basically interchangeable
ie all 70-83 differentials are basically interchangeable

How about Info on how to post here and ask the right Q's and give the proper info for users to give good advice? Also info about the archives to find answers to questions that have already been answered.

Does this sound like a good idea? what if we all chipped in to compile info for these lists and let Derek post them on his title page?

(above info is for example only)

Comments? suggestions?......Or maybe I'm just insane. It is after all 3:30 am....(yawn) only 3 1/2 hours till home time.

I THINK THIS FORUM IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZR8ED.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Poss forum addition for Newbies?

There's alot of web pages that would answer most the basic questions..maybe links to these pages. good idea ZR8ED

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

As a new Z owner I would be very interested in such a forum, FAQ, or even a list of links to how-to articles. I have searched for such information recently and had only moderate success. The information that is out there is fairly scattered, also. I would visit frequently any site that had such a resource for new Z car owners. I am sure many others would as well. As it stands, I believe that this site is the best resource currently on the net.
Thanks for a grest site.

G

·

Great idea. I don't have the time to write something like this, but it someone could compile it I can post it one the new articles section I'm setting up.

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.