Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the small screws of the side b pillar? My passenger side b pillar broke, and the small screws are stuck inside the body of the car, I am not sure how to remove them to install the new pillar.

Thanks for your help.

Post Edited (Oct 10, 4:43pm)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If you are talikng about the trim piece between the door and rear glass's then I think theres 1 nut inside and it has 4 guide studs. Theres a plug inside above where the seat belt goes through. Remove it and you can acess the nut....................

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the 4 guide studs that you mentioned broke and they are stuck inside the body of the car behind that pillar. When I took the interior panel off where the seat belt goes, I found only that 1 nut and I was able to remove it, but the guide studs do not go through like the nut, they are stuck inside. Any ideas how can I remove them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If they aren't in the way of the new piece going on and there not rattling around just leave them. If part of them is still in the hole get a drill same size as the hole and try to drill or break them more. Did you remove the entire panel or just the plug? I dont remember if you can get to them with the panel off or not. Maybe try a propane torch and melt them away......

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the entire panel from the inside, that's how I found the nut and unscrewed it. But the small screws/studs are stuck in the body of the car from the outside. I think the best way is to use a drill and try to unscrew them as you said, I am sure it'll be difficult but I don't see any other safer way.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.