ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I priced the fuel vent hoses (4 of them) through MSA and they fetch $$$! I didn't see them in the Vic Brit Cat.

Any other sources? I ruled out junkyards cuz they're probably rotted too. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
364 Posts
How Much is $$$?

Rob,

This does sound outrageous.... But how big is this fish.... are we talking $100???? $200???? $500???

maybe we should call for Yuichi-Bo The one man war machine... just kidding....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
RE: Outrageous Vent Hoses!

The only two I needed to spend big bucks on were the filler hose and the 3/4" hose that connects to it. Everything else is standard diameter stuff you can get from auto parts stores. You may have to hunt around to find all of the various sizes but they're out there.

You might get lucky at a junk yard and find ones that had been replaced at some point.

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
RE: Outrageous Vent Hoses!

I took all mine off and ran a Japan-only filler neck (dump-tube to ground.)
In the 260, I used stubs of Fuel hoses to connect some custom-bent Stainless Lines. The 1/2" Stainless line was like 30$ for all my needs, and the 3/4" was about the same. It's just a bitch to bend and get in. Once it's in, you'll NEVER have to replace it again. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't planning on keeping the car.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: How Much is $$$?</b>

Like 30 for one, 80 for another, a total of about 200.

Brian had a good idea, maybe they were replaced on a junker...I hadn't thought of that.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: How Much is $$$?

Be careful if you use used hoses. Those covered hoses may look good on the outside but may have cracks inside where it is not visible. Take care in buying hoses from an auto parts store. Dont by heater hose and expect it to work over time, it just wont handle the liquid or vapor fuel. Larger diameter fuel/vapor hose is normally priced by the inch for the really good stuff...expensive but will outlast the vehicle. If you go the economy routes figure you will be doing the job every couple of years or sooner with these new formulas of "fuels".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.