ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked on the price of the FMU and the 2001 and 2002 models both run for $199. I have taken the spring and washer out of mine, but still have them. This allows you to run the regulator with the stock fuel pressure regulator. It is better to run it this way because it does not increase the fuel pressure until you start to hit boost. I talked with Corky Bell for about 10 minutes today about the thing and he agreed this was the best way to run it on an existing fuel injection system to maintain correct A/F ratio while not under boost. The hookup is very simple, it goes into the fuel line after the injectors. Find a mounting location and simply cut your rubber fuel line and attach the two fuel hoses to the FMU. I still have the literature for the thing on how it is to be installed and set up. I think its current setting boost fuel pressure up to about 80-85psi @ 20psi of boost. You will have to adjust the thing to fullfill your fuel requirements.
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~dbarry/jtpic06.htm
This sight shows a picture in the lower left corner of where I had it mounted. If you notice the fuel went through the stock regulator before the Bell FMU. I had it mounted to the bolts that hold on the triangle block off plate. You should be able to install the thing in well under 1/2 an hour. Oh yea, I will sell it for $120 which is 60% of cost like I had said. I have gone to dual sets of injectors and will not need to use it anymore. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Ok, how do we do this thing?

Spring, washer and literature will be a great relief. Also, how long has it been since the unit was been operational? I'm concerned about any rubber diaphrams drying or distorting. Does it operate via spring pressure? And, for tech support who can I call on?
ps: It goes in after the injectors?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>Nice and easy Baby!</b>

I last used it the 29th of November when I totalled my car. The unit was not damaged. The reason it goes after the injectors is as the boost rises, the unit restricts the amount of fuel it lets through. This creates backpressure in the fuel line which increases the fuel pressure to the injectors. It does have a diaphram, but it is always dry and works just fine. If you did ever develop a problem, Bell (210-349-6515) can sell you another diaphram although I seriously doubt you will ever have that problem. It works off of vacuum. You will need to run a single vacuum line to the unit which allows it to be boost referenced. The spring is only used when you do not have a stock fuel pressure regulator, but as corky said it is better to run the unit without the spring and with the stock fuel pressure regulator. Give me a call and we can discuss details.(850-385-1433) Ask for James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.