ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the junk yard for Zs in Atlanta on found hanging on the wall a part that appeared the be a intake pipe that goes in between the turbo and thottle body with this huge Blow off valve on it. I asked the guy a the desk what it was and he said he did not know, and that it came there in a car not on it.He also said it had been there for about 4 years. I bought it, and tryed camparing to the factory pipe. It would be about a 1 inch to far from the throttle if alined with the turbo outlet. Plus I would have to take off the heat shield buy the brakes to clear the blow off valve.It does not have any vac. line connections.It also appears to be ajustable.I think it is really really old,almost appears to be custom.I is made of aluminum and has in rased letters "BAE". The blow off valve is the size of a snuff can, and about as long as a can of corn.

If you can let me know what it is I would really appreicate the help because,it would be a pain to put it on if I don't need it(Right Now)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
RE: One ? for the "old school turbo folks&quo

Hang on to it until you find out the specifics on it. Call Top-End Performance 818-764-1901, maybe they would know. Ask for Steve. Several companies made aftermarket turbo setups for the Z, BAE I have heard of, but don't know much about. Could be a collectible item, so find out before you get rid of it. Good luck!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: One ? for the "old school turbo folks&

Your right,It seems to be a "Turbo Kit" of some sort.I did some searching on the net an found some Trucks and Cars with a "Kit" type turbos.That might explain why it does not fit that well.Do you have any clue to what the thing on the back does.And if it would be worth trying @9 psi.

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
RE: One ? for the "old school turbo folks&amp

they're right. it's part of an old BAE turbo kit for the 280Z. It came with a resistor or hobbs pressure switch that switched the cold-start valve for on-boos enrichment. I've got a similar Japan-only piece made by SK. The reason it doesn't fit your turbo is because it was for another turbo that attached to a N/A exhaust manifold. It's a cool period piece, but for ultimate HP, go with watcha got:Nissan Turbo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.