ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more the OPEC idiots raise their price of gas creates more need for wells to be drilled here in the good ol\'USA, like my back yard (New Orleans, Louisiana). I\'m going to fill up all 3 of my cars on April 30th with super. Sorry guys, but you can count me out.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Read me</b>

Think about it for a second...its not about oil prices out here in Ca its about the specialy refined gasoline the bureacurats make us use. The other states have not been effected by the hike in oil prices like Ca. has...Opec has been around since the 1970's it has never been successfull. I could explain why but I do that kind of stuff at work every day. If we here in Ca did not have to use the specially refined gasoline we would not be getting charged so much when a refinery(sp?) blows up.
Zya- Guess this is just a touchy subject 4 me.
Travis 77z

·
Registered
403 Posts
isn't just california

Isn't just California, in Phoenix regular unleaded (87) is runiing ~1.40/gallon and 92 octane super is running about ~1.60/gallon. I wouldn't have minded it going up had it been gradual, but when rougly a month ago I was paying ~80 cents/gallon for the 87 octane and in some cases under a dollar for the 92. I have a problem with it. The real problem is that this is an artificially inflated price brought on by the "travel season" I don't think that not buying gas for 1 day will solve the price issue, maybe everyone boycotting it for a week or a month would, but not a day, Because they all know that we'll be there the day after filling up again. They have us by the balls for gas and they know it. Unless we all decide to convert to propane, hydrogen, or some other non oil dependent motor fuel, they can pretty much pick and choose how much we pay for gas and there's not a **** thing we can do about it. Except perhaps convince the US government to launch neutron bombs on the middle east and take over the entire region thereby taking control of basically all the world's oil supply. Then we can dictate what countries get it and what ones don't. Of course we'd have to give China and what's left of Russia good deals because they could feasibly mount an offensive against us. But aside from them countries would have to brownnose us financially to get oil supply. This would effectively shut down countries that don't want to play by our rules. Yes this is a very warped totalitarian point, but you have to admit it would let the US have the world by the balls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.