ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying an '82 ZX and was wondering what some good upgrades would be? I wanted to start doing some racing in the SCCA wanted to know what the best performance upgrades are and where to find them... Thanks

Hoss

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: New Z Suggestions

Hoss,
Be careful about what mods you do if you plan on running SCCA. The slightest mod in the wrong place can put you in an entirely different class (were you may not be competitive without spending ALOT more money). If you are running Autocross and want to stay in stock class, tires shocks and air filter are about all you can change/upgrade. As far as Club racing goes, I think you have alot more leeway and classes to choose from. Check with a local SCCA chapter before you do anything to change you cars configuration.
But just so you know, SCCA racing is a kick!!!! You really can't find out what your car and you can do until you strap that helmet on and go for it.

Have Fun!!!!

Russel 83ZXT SCCA F Stock Solo2

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
83 280zxt F Stock Solo2 also!

It seems so hard to get other people to try it out. It don't know how anyone couldn't want to do it. I have never seen a 280zx run here in the Utah region SCCA. It is a much fun!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: 83 280zxt F Stock Solo2 also!

I'm the only ZX running in the Rocky Mountain Region. There are a few stock 240's running and I have seen a few 240's in Street prepared run. At one of out winter series events there was a guy with a first gen 300ZX. I pretty much carry the Nissan/Datsun flag in F stock. Don't you hate Mustang Cobra's??? 305 Hp 17" wheels, and they can only beat me by .1 to .5 seconds, and I'm getting closer. This year the new Cobra is in F stock, 320 HP and independant rear suspension, the "old" Cobra guy's are going to be pissed. The next event is next Sunday 3/28, going to try to get a few more events out of the R1's.

Russel 83ZXT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.