ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about buying either a 240z or a 280z or 280zx and my question to any one who knows is which one is more reliable and which one has less problems in passing emission tests.
Also which one has the better tranny and engine and body overall
I want all your opinions

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: need some help!!

emissions- 240 has less so less to go wrong
reliability- " " " "
tranny- 280z. except zx has better overdrive for highway
engine- see reliability
body- they all kinda stink but newer is better
Depends on what you want to do. They all can perform well but they are also very different. If you want cruise control, a/c and maybe actually hear your stereo get a ZX. 240 is more for somebody like...say...Fred Flintstone

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hi Pabloz,
If you get a 240Z, it does not need to go through emmision testing, it is exempted. But let me tell ya, that thing can be very rusty, and many rusted in wrong places ( hard to fix). Well I should say that rust is the #1 enemy of the Zs regarless of yr. PLEASE CHECK FOR RUST before you buy it or you will spend a lot of $ and say alot of nasty things to your innocient Z (I do it all the time.hehehe). The 280Z has a stronger but hevier body and HUGE bumpers (safer though). I would go for a NON-RUSTED ( if there is such a thing) 240Z.
Huy 260Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I myself prefer the 280ZX Series myself, and more specificly the Turbo Modle. Especialy for all it offers you. The older "Z's" are also nice, but I myself like power windows and doorlocks, and I like most of the stock features they put in the ZX. The 1983 280ZX Turbo in my opinion is there nicest Z car they ever made, for everything it offered along with the mileage. I got great mileage in my Turbo, and the power was of course fantastic. As far as reliability, All Z cars have things that can go out, and general initialy the car needs to be gone over, past that once you get them going properly, they last and last.

Scott Milella

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The 240 has less that can go wrong with it due to the abscence of all that sensor and computer bullsh*t, but engine and tranny wise, they are all about the same, BAD ASS and reliable all the way. All of the engines and trannys are interchangeble. Here in tennessee, most of the parts are priced well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.