ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made it to the shop yesterday and measured a stock n/a manifold and the runners were 30mm in dia. I could not find a turbo manifold at the shop. There was one but it was still on the engine. Too much to bother with. Any measure a turbo manifold runner???

Also thanks for the comments and the pic of that 510. It looks like a pretty wicked setup and might make for an awsome project when I get some more info from the mfgs.

Any ideas on hp increases from the Tec II FI with the six throttle bodies as opposed to my 45mm Triple Webers? If I can't find any real hp gains I might as well spend my money elsewhere on the Z. I still like my Webers. They look awsome under the hood and I'm fairly handy working on them.

What do you think?

ZR8ED.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Webers...

Hey, My plans to go turbo have been shot. So I am going to install a set of DCOE 40's on my Z. I have never done this, so if possible. I may have questions down the road on how to do some configuration on them. Right now I have to get rid of the turbo motor/setup and get a N/A block. Any recomendations on what to look for?

FrameRealy

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Webers...</b>

Almost any 280 block will do. The turbo block is your best bet for any buildup. Look for an N42 head. As far as stock heads go this one is far ahead of some of the other heads unless they do extensive porting/polishing and chamber mods. It already has the larger valves and a square port exhaust which is generally larger than most of the round ports (please take no offence round port lovers).
As far as the Weber set up goes, it has far more performance potential and customization opportunities. Once you have the carbs/manifold, you can easily tune the carbs as you do other mods to the engine. the DCOE's (triple setup) can easily handle the most wild Z engines around (even more so for street engines)
I run with with triple 45mm DCOE's on a high hp high reving 2.9L which is a lethal combo especially against mustangs/corvettes/supras.
I do recommend though that you get some porting and Polishing and port matching of the head so you can extract hp like you have never imagined.
Keep in touch. I can help with your jetting.
With no previous experience with Webers, I converted my Z from FI by myself, jetted and tuned the carbs and have since adjusted the Webers to handle all the mods that have been made. (I'm not a mechanic so it isn't all that difficult.)
MOST IMPORTANT!!! get a Weber manual. I read mine almost 30 times over the winter before my installation and now I'm very confident working on my Webers now!

Good luck!
ZR8ED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.