ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was about 11 years ago with my first Z, a 79. I was just driving along minding my own business with my girlfriend(now wife) on my way to Kansas City. These two guys passed me doing about 75.(speed limit was an atrocious 55 then) A 80 200sx and 79 Camaro. I proceeded to keep up with them. it was fun. We got through a town, then onto a nice long flat section, I floored it. Zoomed by them with the greatest of ease. Then just kinda stayed in the lead for a awhile doing over 100. not sure exactly how far over. after several miles of smiles I decided to be nice and let them have some glory so I started coasting down. but heres the best part!! Just as they blew by me with their gas pedal smashed to the floor, my radar detector goes nuts. I was in the right lane they were in the left, a cop was in the hidden behind a small hill in the median. I look down at my speedo and it says 75 but they were inbetween me and him. I slow down to 65 and keep going, they slowed down to 55 and i passed them back up. I keep watching in my rear mirror for the cop. A lady in a Caprice passes me with a severe frown on her face directed at me doing 70. Im still watching for the cop. He pulls up to the camaro rides along side of him for a bit, then cathes up to the 200. Im thinking maybe he didnt get me. Then he zooms up to me slows down a little then cathces up to the old lady. I was sweating bullets. The cop pulls the old lady over, jumps out of the car and flags me down and the other two. I left space between me and the old lady, they pulled in that spot. The cop gives the old lady a ticket goes back to his car gets another book and proceeds to chat with the 200 driver. I see the cop pointing to the three cars as if he is being told a story. He gets to the camaro, same thing. I'm being ratted out, I knew it! Bastards!! I started knawing on a doughnut that i got before leaving. The cop strolls up to me, leans on the a pillar with his left hand, in his right was the ticket book. I saw "98 mph" for the Camaro. He says "WELL,... I didnt get your top speed but does 75 sound about right?" after seeing the previous ticket I was very quick to reply "YES!!" He started telling me what they said as he wrote my ticket. "They said you just blew by them and didnt stop. I told them well 75 is what i clocked him at so thats what he gets ticketed for. Being as respectful as he was to the awsome superiority of the Z as he was, I was quick to offer him one of my doughnuts. He said he already had his daily allowance earlier but thanks anyway. :) Yeah I got a ticket but it was hilarious because I looked on the back of the ticket and it said "If over 96; Must appear in court" LLOLOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: My strut bar winning \'kill\' story</b>

Mark,
ROFL (rolling on the floor laughing). That story made my day. Thanks!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: My strut bar winning \'kill\' story

This was a few years ago just after I got my 76 280z running from buying it out of the junk yard. It was stock except for 5 speed and headers. My friend had a stock 300zx 87 I think. We were working on our cars in his garage til 05:00, I did something to my stereo(moved the carpet. When we left everything was finally right for a race. We waited on the side of autobahn (3) till everything was clear then we lined up. I hadn't raced much, we said go and when I hit almost 5800rpm I went to shift. I realized my accelerator was stuck on some carpet that had bunched up. It all happened so fast, the only thing I could do was to shift, the rpms went up to almost 7000 and when I shifted the wheels chirped and I moved half a car length ahead of him. This continued all the way through to fifth. I clearly moved out ahead of him and I put my foot under the pedal to free it. When we got to Rhein Main he said **** Tolle your car is fast. Then I told him what happened. It is ok since it was within the family.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.