Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone try and make sense of this.
*My car is not starting when the fusible link nearest to the hood, on the passenger side (the one that controlls power to radio ect. when ign switch is on acc.) is connected. It kicks hard but doesn't get any fuel, and yes my fuel pump is pumping strongly. I can tell when it won't start because when the ign. switch is turned to on i get no buzzer or red lights on the dash.

*My car willl however start when the link is disconnected but the voltage guage pulsates between 16 and 10 volts. By pulsate i mean bounce back in forth at a regular beat. sorta like 1 1thousand, 2 1thousand, 3 1thousand, at the same time a relay seems to be switching on and off near the passenger foot well.

*the only way i can get it to stop pulsating iis when i turn on an ellectrical accessory, Head lights, heater fan, or radio.

*with one of those on it runs fine...

Does this sound like my voltage regulator? My alternator is brand new...replaced only a month ago, It is also one of the cheaper peb-boy brands but seems to be working fine. Funny, the chiltons book doens't say anything about pulsing volt. meters...go figure. I know this is long, but i really can't figure out whats going on. Someone help......please

·
Registered
351 Posts
RE: My elect. system is tripp'n (here are the symp

Hey do you know how to fix a fusible link. I think I melt mine because I connect the battery backward and there were smoke coming out of the fusible link.
Just asking

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: My elect. system is tripp'n (here are the s

You can get a generic one for that wire gauge from most part stores and add the proper connectors on the end. You can also get a factory replacement from the dealer or Motorsports Auto in CA.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: My elect. system is tripp'n (here are the s

78z has internal voltage regulator.22100-v0102 alternator from dealer best bet.good luck with this one.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: My elect. system is tripp'n (here are the s

I was told not to replace them witha generic brandof wireof the same gauge. I posted questions about this weeks ago and I was toldnot to use regular wire. Call Motorsports Auto (800 633 6331) and just spend the extra few bucks and get the right ones. Just my opinion.

Craig76Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.