ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know what kind of home computers you guys/girls use (don't boast about work computers 280ZX slimview). This PackTurd **** piece-o-sh!t is payback for all the evil things I have done in my life. Man I must have been bad. I bought this thing before I knew anything about computers and against my instructors advise, and I was wrong to chose it. It's a 150 Megahertz with 33600 bps capable modem. memory is stock at 16 MB. Everyday this thing locks up or it will shut down due to an "exception has occurred". I still don't know much about a pc, other than I need alot more memory, but I seem to have a bad cluster that I suspect is causing my problems.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: MY COMPUTER SUCKS!!! How about yours?

I'm running a k6 233 overclocked to 250 100x2.5 clock 64mb pc-100 ram 8.4gb hdd Asus 3400tnt video 33.6 modem. Phone lines are only capable of about 24,000 on a good day. Looking for something faster. My Z isn't the only thing I like to run fast. Sam 75 280z, 81280zxt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

233 k-6 (stock) w/ 64 meg sdram, 2 gig hard drive, internal zip drive, 56 k modem that connects at 24,000 to 26000 cause of the phone lines. Ilike fast too...looked at cox cable modem set up but wasn't cost effective :)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hewlett Packard Pavilion 8240 Pent 233mmx, 4gig hard drive, 96 meg ram, 56k modem, stb nitro 3d video card, soundblaster live. 81 and 83 zxt.

Wife
Gateway G450 , Pent 2 450, 128 meg ram, 10gig hard drive,
stb 4400 tnt video card, soundblaster live, 56k modem. 83zx/na.

She has the fastest computer but I have the fastest Z's.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a new one Opie, they only cost....

about $500 now for 300 to 450 mghz speeds...use the other one for a paper weight ot target pratice and loose the stress :))

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>RE: Get a new one Opie, they only cost....</b>

For about$250 you could have yourself a 450MHZ computer. Buy the pentium celeron 300a CPU, the A-bit BH6 mainboard, overclock it to 450MHZ. Only other thing you need is the ATX case. You can reuse the acessories off your old computer, or maybe not not if thier built in. Anyway it not hard to do. If you do it and need advice just ask me or look at the news group alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit.
Tom H.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hehehe

Boy you guys are going to hate me

A dual p3 400
109 gigs hard drives space that 12 hard drives (I got on a sale about a year ago $200 each) 9 gigs each scsi 3 card to run the hard drives ( for my glass blowing buissness)
Sound blaster 64
soon to get voodoo 3 card or tnt but older games dont run well on them.
Two cdrom drives 32x and a 4x (4x is for music and 32 for games problem is I hack the game so I dont need the second one hehe)

I never own a crapper bell or a Gateway no where computer)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: Get a new one Opie, they only cost....

Problem is Tom, they don't make the 300A anymore, and they are hard to find. Besides, giving advice on overclocking to someone who doesn't know how is risky. Like telling someone who doesn't know cars to slap on a turbo.
Mine is a 300A overclocked to 450 when I need to, which isn't very often. 128 megs ram, dual 6.4 gig ultra dma hard drives, and 16mb Riva TNT video card. Runs great on 98 or NT (Red Hat is on my old Cyrix P150+).
My cable modem has been my best investment yet. At $40/month, it's less than a second phone line and an ISP.
Sounds like you need Win 95 reinstaled or an upgrade to 98. But the new computer is probably your best bet.

G

·

Ok, I have a couple, but the one I use most at home is:

Celeron 300A overclocked to 450
128MB ECC RAM
Voodoo3 video accelerator card (good for Quake)
Mylex 958 Ultra-Wide SCSI card
4 gig Seagate Barracuda SCSI drive
DSL modem (1.5meg down/384k upload)
and some other cool stuff.

I run both Linux and Windows on this machine.

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Opie83zxt

Hi guy.. My email address is listed on this message.. Yours is not which is fine--but--you need answers.. Email me with your specifics and everything and I will give you info. But not at this site as it is for the "Z" only.. Thanks..
Ojisan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.