ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooops I think I pulled the trigger to quick on the last post . I hope I didn't come off the wrong way . I do have a interest in the CV shaft swap, my point was why other people don't get enthused is the halfshafts hold up quite well . I want to concentrate on my turbo motor before I do the shafts . I always try to contribute the small amount of knowledge I have on this subject . I think your car is extremely cool like the finned diff cover and crosmember . So I hope I didn't sound like a jerk, I was just trying to explain why you were the only guy trying to struggle with this subject right now . If I had the time I would be working on a set of CV shafts right now . By the way my brother runs a CNC Plasma machine at a machine shop, there should be no problem cutting the brake adapter's out .
LOL with the CV saga .

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Greg</b>

I talked with Top-End today. They said the difference that makes using the complete 88-89 setup is the thickness of the companion flange. I am about to start installing mine tomorrow. I will try to modify the 82 companion flange and see where that leads me.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Greg</b>

Interesting, that would be nice if it just worked . Sounds too simple, I think top end has done this before .Keep us updated I think Greg will sleep better at night if this gets done . By the way Greg what kind of T3/T4 did you get Vtrim H series ??

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: More on CV shafts Greg

I pulled the trigger today and ordered the custom shafts. Very expensive so don't even ask. yes I am having trouble sleeping at night. I will make one last effort and go by the shop tomorrow that has the LSD cars and measure them. The hard part is that you have to remove the companion flanges to see if they will work. Kind of hard to convince a guy to yank the whole rear suspension out of a 300zx just so I can look and measure. However buying the whole rear end of the car will be cheaper than what I may end up spending in custom shafts, especially if you figure in the advantage of using stock available parts.
greg
71 240z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.