ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local wrecking yard today to scout for some donor cars. I came across an E31 head in one of the cars. I know this was a hot set up back in the day, but is this still a good set up or should I go with the shaved P79. and if I do decide to go with the E31 is there anyway to do quick check to see if the head is still good or atleast rebuildable...
I also finally came across an 82 non turbo 5speed zx. this should be a 3.90 rear. but how do you get the half shafts off? They have some strange boots on both ends that I am unfamiliar with and am not sure of. I also found an 84 200sx turbo with the same boots.. Does anybody know what this gear ratio I know it is a r200.
And again any help is much appreciated.
thanks
Brian

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: I found an e31

84 200sx turbo manual trans. is R200 w/ 3.9 ratio. you might want to look for 85-86 200sx turbo w/ auto trans. it came w/ r200 AND 4.11 ratio. i just change my 3.9 reaend on my 280zx to 4.11 . i use this vehicle for daily commute but i want to be quick from a stop light. i also use 16" wheel therfore 4.11 rearend helps out in quick acceleration. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.