ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have a rather stock 72 other than a header and modified air filter. I have a problem with bottom end power. I recently adjusted the carbs, they were really bad before, and the car ran like a top. I didn't run the car for several weeks and when I ran the car, it had little low end power. The car is rather anemic untill it hit approx 3000 rpm and then it really takes off. I was curious if anyone knows what the problem could be. I was thinking some sort of ignition problem, possibly the vaccum advance? If anyone can shed any light on this subject I would be most appreciative.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: HELP 240 SLOW

Sounds like any stock Z I have driven. My car doesn't build power till about 3500 so don't feel bad.

·
Registered
996 Posts
RE: HELP 240 SLOW

Change the rear end to a 3.7 or 3.9 and it will feel like a different car even more extreme is the 4.11 but if you go on the interstate much that might keep the revs a bit high. This change will also you to build more power in the future if you want since the R200 rear end is much heavier duty than the R180 that comes stock. MSD ignition, new cap/rotor/plugs & wires will wake it up even more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.