ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Has anyone replaced their injectors?

It's not hard...I removed fuel rail and injectors as one, then removed the injectors. Just don't drop the ijectors...experience talking here. Did take the throttle rod assy off to install...needed the room. On replacing, injectors first, the fuel rail. Have Fun.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Make sure and use new hose and clamps. Injectors generally only seal well once, then leak. Don't take shortcuts with this, very important.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Craig:

It took me about 2 hours to replace my fuel injectors and have very little mechanical experience. I just followed the cook book or manual. First, remove the negative battery lead and the electrical connectors from each injector. Begin unscrewing fuel rail from engine. Make sure you order new O-rings for the new or used replacement injectors (~$13 kit from Victoria British) and have them preassembled before you remove the fuel rail. Also, you will need to remove the rubber hoses connected to the fuel rail coming from the gas tank. Remove the old injectors and replace with new injectors. You place the new injectors back into the slots similar to the positions of the injectors that you removed with appropriate seals preassembled. Place each injector into slot and screw in place. It is important to position the electrical plugs at the appropriate angle to allow for replug-in of the connector. Tighten the injector clamps of each injector onto the fuel rail and be sure to position the screw clamps at the appropriate angle to allow for easy access for the next replacement.
It is a pretty intuitive process in that you can take note at how everything looks before you start to assist you with the process. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.