ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my view on the subject; the only reason there is a lack of intrest on this subject .
a)Does'nt make car go faster
b)Does'nt make it look any prettier.
c)ujoint shafts have been proven 12 sec runs with decent reliability .
d)until I break at least 2 of them I probably won't upgrade
e)the upgrade has to be a bolt in affair or small modifications done before I will upgrade .
I do have an interest in your rear calipers . If you could give me the dimensions of the bracket I could draw them on autocad and post them for others on the forum . How is the e-brake cable attached .
Your car is lookin' good .
I started tearing into my turbo motor, looks shiny now!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Greg input on CV shafts

Hey clint, you consider a turbo swap a small modification? I guess it is sort of a bolt in, but definitely not a bolt-on mod. I think there is a little interest in the CVs, but just for novelty sake. Like you said, it's overkill for almost every z car out there. Not mine, though. I'm not going to settle for "decent reliability". I want to drive my car an hour to the track, rip off some 11 second runs, and drive it back home. I've had to make the phone call to friends/parents asking them to come get me with the trailer at the track before. It's not fun. It seems you only break at 11 oclock at night right before the track closes and everybody is at home asleep. I was going to put the brackets on Turbocad to shut up all the people wanting to do the disc brake swap without having to buy brackets. These brackets aren't going to be made at home in the garage, though. You would need access to a machine shop. It's an offset bracket with quite a few radius cuts in it. If somebody out there thinks they can and will make it cheaper than you can buy them for currently then let me know. I think the maxima bracket is a much better option. The pic you saw is about as far as I have gotten on the swap. I've left the brakes alone until after I stop yanking halfshafts out every other day. I don't think the e-brake cable is as big a deal as some make it out to be, but we'll see.
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.