ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the junkyard where I got my LSD this weekend it is also where I got my 280 turbo engine . They have the halfshafts from both the 280zxt and 300zxt . Luckily both are lying out of the car . It sounds like a long shot but who knows . These two finds were so rare, the junkyard is in a town of 200 including chickens and dogs . The 280zxt had 60k miles still in the wrapper. I almost pee'd my self when I found both of them in same yard in Canada .

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Greg I'll check CV shafts

Be sure to look at the wheel flanges as well. Check the lengths of the shafts fully compressed. Since the 300z nonturbo shafts are longer than the 280zx, I can't see how the turbo shafts would be shorter. They both use the same rearend. I haven't heard back about getting the custom shafts, but I found a place in town that will respline shafts. I'm going to see what it will cost to get new shafts made. I also found a place that puts complete independent rears in kit cars using chevy rears and toronado halfshafts. Would solve the problem of not being able to get a good selection of gear ratios and should be incredibly strong. The higher initial installation cost should be offset by the cheaper availability of the chevy rear and gears. Then I could swap gears easily witthout having to rebuild my Nissan LSD or finding spare LSDs to swap. Let me know what you find in the scrapyard. Thanks,
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.