ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother went for a ride in I think a regal T type . He said it was gutless . I know the GN are quite fast was there 3 different HP ratings GN, GNX, ???Most people say turbo cars are gutless no instant torque, but a smooth pull all the way up to redline.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Greg Grand National Question

Depending on the car and turbo they can feel gutless, until you get it to redline. They can feel like a rubberband pulling you.
-Ben

·
Registered
715 Posts

I borrowed a GN from a friend of my dads for a week. I had never driven a turbo car before. I nailed the gas, and what a weenie. Then the turbo spooled, oh my god, like gettin shot out of a cannon! This was a heavily modified GN though

later- evan

Ben_76*280z wrote:
-------------------------------
Depending on the car and turbo they can feel gutless, until you get it to redline. They can feel like a rubberband pulling you.
-Ben

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

They are such big cars that they are deceptive. Driving on the street you don't realize how fast they are. They don't scream and holler, just a little turbo whistle. The pre 84 t types were dogs. Lucky to run 16 second quarters. They were carbed and no intercooler. In 84 they went to fuel injection and you could get an easy 13 second out of them with just a filter and a chip change. In 86 and 87 the intercooler was added and then hello 12's. The GNX was a limited production (547 made) in 87 with special suspension, intercooler, and turbo. They ran low 13's bone stock off the showroom floor. That's enough about the GN for now, let's get back to z's. Check out the gnttype homepage for all the info you could ever want on the turbocharged buicks.
greg
71 240z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.