ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was sent off yesterday to the body shop to be painted Viper Blue. Will be ready for the engine this weekend. Almost everything is complete, just need to run the exhaust and wire up the Tech. I thought this day would never come. There is a new sherriff in town V-8 boys.

·
Registered
996 Posts
RE: Great News!

Congradulations, that color is really catching on too. I had mine painted 98 Viper blue, no stripes, last year. In Asheville, NC my car was one of a kind for about 4 months then I saw 2 others painted very similiar if not the same, one even had the same aero kit. Upon moving to Savannah, one guy that has a body shop saw my car and built his own, too bad he copied mine looks wise. I know this because he saw my car in the shop and talked with my mechanic about it, he even took pictures. His turned out pretty good though, same aero kit again. Oh well, the cars look great that shade of blue. I can't go anywhere without people coming to look at it. How's your car run with the turbo? Do you autocross? I was wondering about low end power for autocrossing and lag issues. Thanks, I know it will look good!

Later
Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Great News!

Man... that is a popular color. I guess I should have picked something different.

check it out ....
members.xoom.com/turbodatsun

Brian

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Turbo, turbo, everywhere

Hey Brian, Give me a call sometime. I'm in Fort Worth. Nice looking car, especially for $250 in paint. I have a for sale section up on my page, take a look. I also know where there are a couple of 75 280z's in the local yards where you can get your gas tank from. between you , me , and Ewan that's three early model turbo cars in the Dallas, Fort Worth area. We can almost have our own club.
greg
71 240z turbo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: Give that engine time to break in now !!</b

I know it's gonna suck to baby it, but I remember that story about 15 psi the first day? Like Sammy and Montrose say, "make it last". Don't want to take a chance on gaulling anything. Those V8's will still be around for you. Viva la Turbo!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must be flying hi!

it's an awesome feeling after putting all of that work into it, to get that baby on the road! Now go kick some ASS!

Steve G

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Turbo, turbo, everywhere

74260ZB4U wrote:
-------------------------------
Hey Greg,

Recognize those wheels????

How did the fenders work out?

Brian

Wow, those were mine? Small world. My buddy used those fenders on his car. Worked great. Glad your memory is better than mine.
greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.