ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To ALL that have participated, I thank you. The news tonight listed it as a success in the San Francisco Bay Area. No remarks were included for Southern California or nationwide.

I noticed the information listed in another thread, was so inclusive that a hypothesis was almost written. I enjoyed reading both supporting and opposing views.

However, if you look at the big picture... it all started from someone like you or me that sat infront of his computer monitor and decided... This is getting nuts to pay so much for gas. Needless to say, I thought he was right. So many of us thought he was right too.

This guy used his computer and ISP to carry his message via e-mail. I may regret calling him the type of person that at one time in our country's history would have been referred to as a revolutionist. Nonetheless, he stood up and silently organized the Great American Gas Out...Maybe even comparable to the Boston Tea PARTY.... Where the term, united we stand and united we fall was coined. What appeared as a simple statement based on the inconvenience associated with depleting one's wallet at the gas station. Has become a nationally united group of people that said, "this is to much.".

As the end of the day draws near, I'm proud to say I'm an American. Participating in the Great American Gas Out was exciting and I totally enjoyed every minute knowing I to could be counted.

To Trevor and all the others… thanks for being my fellow Americans.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Said!

While I don't pay near as much for gasoline as you do in California. I too am concerned about the price.

For me the concern is overall effect on the economy. Our economy depends upon cheap motor fuels. And overall we are blessed with an abundant supply.

I fear that it is going to change in future years and if we want to solve the problem we must understand all we can about what causes it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gas has gone down here!

We were paying around $1.35 for regular unleaded (Bellingham, WA about 90 mi north of Seattle). Over the past week it has dropt. It was $1.27 yesterday. Don't know if the impending gas-out worked, but lets sure hope!! That All-Wheel-Drive huge Astro Van of ours really likes to sip it. Thank goodness for the Honda! (The Z is under repairs)

rbest

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Bunch of Nitwits...

showed how really stupid they are by making a meaningless gesture that did absolutely nothing to help stop price gouging by the oil companies.

The mainstream news media said it was a success? Why, sure they did. Watch who sponsors their shows - Texaco, Exxon, Shell, Arco and Chevron. Don't you think those talking heads on TV might be a little bit biased toward the folks who write their pay checks?

As ol' Slim says about fighting, with logic borrowed from a fellow by the name of Sun Tzu, "When you get into a scrap, the main thing to do is kick the living Christmas out of the other guy the best way you can. If you do anything else, you're just wasting your energy." The Great American Gas-Out" is a perfect example of wasted energy and misplaced efforts. It made some people feel real good for about 10 minutes and then left 'em right back in the same boat again. The oil companies are laughing at those fools right now as they get in line to pay $1.80 a gallon for gas today.

If all the soreheads who didn't buy gas yesterday had cut up their major oil company credit cards and sent 'em back to the issuers with a note that expressed their anger, then written their representatives in Washington and told 'em there'll be no more campaign money or votes as long as they're dancing on the oil companies' strings, something might've gotten done.

As it is, all the "Gas-Out" participants did was make it clear they don't like paying high prices. I think the oil companies just might've been able to figure that out for themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.