ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a fuel pressure guage in my turbo and was wondering what the readings should be for what levels of boost. I have a Bell regulator piped in for the future, and boost has been upped a little by shortening the waste-gate actuator rod. I need to establish a base line first though. The current readings are about 28 to 30 idling, and 39 when I hit the pedal. I want to know what pressures I should be getting for 2, 4, 7. WHERE DOES THE STOCK REGULATOR DROP PRESSURE? Thanks, Doug.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Fuel pressure under boost? What should it be?&

Baseline will be with your car idling and the vacuum line off the regulator. You take the vacuum line off so you get a true and stable baseline reading. Always check pressure and make adjustments with the vacuum line off. otherwise your idling car will cause the readings to be inaccurate due to idle speed, manifold vacuum fluctuations, etc. The reading with the line off is the same as if you had 0 inches of manifold vacuum and 0 boost. then add 1 pound of pressure for everypound of boost. If you can't get the fuel pressure to equal the boost pressure plus baseline at full throttle then it is time for a new pump or regulator. At no time under full throttle should the fuel pressure ever drop or fluctuate. It should continue to rise as the boost builds and remain steady as you hit max boost. The same rules apply for the rising rate, except it will add 1, 2, 3 pounds of fuel pressure per every pound of boost depending on how you set it up.
greg
71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.