ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have learned that I can corner two ways, one is to just set the arc and hold it down untill I am about to break traction with my ZR's.
Or two I have gotten good at breaking loose all four wheels and turning the opposite way powering through the turns, however this still gets me heart pumping (AKA scares the crap out of me) big time when I do it! What is faster, I do not look at my speed while I am driving. Anyother driving tips?
Thanks guys! Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Fastest cornering technique?

I like to use a lower gear to shave speed off going in and about halfway through the turn start to pour on the throttle and let it rip when your are 2/3 through. Watch Formula One and compare how often they do the four wheel drift and how often they run through the apex smoothly. You can get away with more on the street if you are in control and not making a lot of noise drawing attention to yourself. However our cars sure are prone to throw the back-end out of shape.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Fastest cornering technique?

It depends on the corner. I'm sure alot of the experienced road racers and autocrossers on here could give you lots of advice, but get a few books on high performance driving and you'll pick up some good tips. A tighter turn, say a 90 deg corner, can be gone around faster if you slide the back end out with the throttle (the Z is great for doing this) but typically if your going fast, you will lose speed if your tires lose grip. The most important thing is to be smooth. Work on that and your speed will increase. Of course, there's nothing like a good oversteer with opposite lock condition at speed to really get that adrenaline flowing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.