ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a 77 or 78 that can tell me if the white or black plug goes on top or the bottom of the F.I. relay? Im installing the F.I. back into my 77. And my a/c recently went out. Sometimes I would get cold air and sometimes not. I used to be able to move the a/c switch back and forth to make it work, but not anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Vegas desert. Thanks

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: F.I. relay & a/c question</b>

Mine has the white plug on top and the black on the bottom.

On the A/C question, have you checked to see that you are getting power to the compressor clutch?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Tom. Yes the clutch engages. Everything seems to work. But no cold air. I used to be able to slide the a/c switch back and forth to make it work, but not any more. I understand there is nothing that can go wrong with the switch. At least that is what I've been told. Who knows. Thanks for the info on the F.I. relay.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Let's see... If the clutch is engaging, the switch must be working - unless I am misunderstanding something. I don't suppose it could be something as simple as low freon charge, could it?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not unless it leaked out over night. See like I said in the beginning it was blowing cold air until one day when I had to wiggle the switch back and forth to make the cold air come out. That worked a couple of times but no more. Have you heard of a system leaking down that fast? I have not. Usually the leak takes time and you know that its happening because the air would gradually get warm. Thats how mine usually works. Do you agree?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.