ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one installed one of these kits? What pieces does it come with? It replaces the bumpers, does it come with anything to replace them? Were you happy with the results? Did it paint easily. I'm going to paint and I'm trying to determine if I want to use the orignal bumpers or go ahead and replace them with a kit.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Experiences w/ Aero Kit II?

I bought the aero kit for my 78 280Z. It consists of the front air dam, side skirts (rocker panels), and rear "bumper". The pieces are high quality fiberglass, but need some final trimming to fit perfectly. I installed the air dam myself, but I plan to have a body shop do the rest when I have the car repainted. You must remove the stock front and rear bumpers, bumper shocks and lower valance which reduces weight but you are left without any crash protection.
Looks excellent though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
RE: Experiences w/ Aero Kit II?

Conor,
Look at Zack - Z Car of Month above. He is a '77 running the Aero II kit. Mark is exactly right about the quality of the components and fit. I had mine professionally installed when I had the car painted. Cost me an additional $250 to have them do the work and it was well worth it!!
Phantom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.