Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya Folks,

Recently when it rained my '82NA started acting up. Occasionally now the Brake, Door, Fuel, and voltmeter idiot lights will all come on simultaneously. It usually happens when some force is exerted on the car, ie braking, accelerating, or a bump. After awhile these lights will just as suddenly go out and the car will return to normal (usually after another little physical jolt). I wonder if the car isn't charging during this period because when it happens when I am still and idling the whine of the fuel pump seems to lower a bit as if there's less voltage. The gauge fluctuates a bit during this period but seems to read battery voltage.

Any thoughts? Alternator, regulator (integrated w/alternator I assume), short somewhere? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!!

Jon

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
RE: Electrical troubles w/280ZX. Can someone help?

I have had a similar problem, usually when it's damp out. Pulling a rt. turn the light as you described come on. Haven't found a solution yet but I think it's 1) a ground going south due to the damp or 2) the connectors under the passenger seats shorting to ground due to dampness. I have t-tops and the carpet gets wet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.