ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bored all day at work today so I decided to surf all over this crazy place. Anyway. I looked up Arizona Z's recent catalogue on the net (my only copy of their catalogue has a Batmobile kit for Z's) That old!!
I started looking at their fuel injection manifold and it started to peak my interest. I've been using Triple Webers for 4 or 5 years now because I have wanted all out flow and hp and felt that the FI manifolds were not going to flow like my 45 DCOE's with 38mm venturis and 44mm intake runners into a overkill head job N42.
Now I see this manifold and it has my attention!
It claims 50% larger runners. Does it ? How big are they?
will it out flow my 45's in N/A form. (my motor is done so turbo's are out of the question). Was it designed for turbo's? Anyone out there running one in a high hp N/A?
Switching to FI is not all that hard for me. I have people lined up to buy my Webers (seriously) this could be a new goal for my Z since my motor project is done.

Any comments/opinions/experiences?

Thanks in advace!

ZR8ED.

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: EFI Manifolds

I was looking at it to for the turbo setup I'm working on. I think they say it's only 40% bigger than stock not 50, but all in all it looks like a nice setup. My first choice would be using twm individual throttle bodies with injection, but that is just more than I really want to spend for the minimal increase vs the Arizona Z car one. I think you could run a tube with a 90% bend parallel to the valve cover between the fuel rail and the cover itself up to the front, and then route it from there. but I haven't ever actually seen one on a car. Personally I like the disc brake upgrades they've got (yeah it's pricey but imagine how quick you can stop)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: EFI Manifolds</b>

This may help you further develop your idea about converting your car for injection. Direct replacements for dcoe Webers with much larger openings, up to 55mm.

FI system will definately give more possibilities to use electronics to control the fuel delivery.

http://twminduction.com/tb/index.html

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: I've heard that manifold is a $900 turd!

No kidding? **** most of his stuff is usually pretty decent albeit overpriced. (I think I might do the cast oil pan though that's pretty hard to do wrong)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.