ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
RE: Drove a 73 - V8 today.... Thank You Jesus!!!!&

Give some details Dennis....make me wish my car was finished TODAY...

SpencZ

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>It was fast!!!</b>

Spencer,

GO GO GO and get it done! You won't ever regret it...
This was a 73 blue 240Z... had a Chevy 350 with an estimated 350HP at the flywheel. Running a high performance three finger clutch, connected to a Muncie m22 rockcrusher 4 speed, with a r200 rearend with 3.70 gears. It was like driving an automatic, you want speed... step on it... it took off so fast that it planted me hard into the seat... lossened my eyeballs real good.... any gear anytime. It was like sitting on a rocket.... I have never, ever been in a faster car. It had some good year eagles all around and those tires are sticky.... this thing could break them lose in all 4 gears.... He wants to put a 6 speed in it....

Some guy in a white 69 or 70 vette with 427 emblems on the hood scoop wanted to play.... blew him away.... He had his babe with him and he was dusted so bad.... he got off the freeway.....

This thing jumped up to 120mph in no time. Jeff was saying that because of the light weight of the car, it made it like having an additional 100 HP... so I figure... 350HP plus 100HP = one really fast Z car.

To say the power is awsome is an understatement... Do it and get your's done... Your going to love driving that car and telling everyone that looks at it about all the trick stuff you've done...

I've just dumped over $3k in my new engine, carbs, and suspension.... I'm seriously considering selling the engine at a loss and going V8... or buying another 73 and doing it like Jeff and you....

Its like Jeff said today, its a marriage made in heaven. A 240Z with a V8 is the way to fly.

The only bad thing Jeff said about the car was that he had to replace the U-joints in the half shafts once every year.

Hope that did it!!!!

Hurry up and get it done!

Dennis

·
Registered
743 Posts
RE: It was fast!!!

I just pulled off the front end suspension tonight and will start on the paint stripping and body work next week...Unfortunately the hopes of getting it done before the season is through are pretty dim...anyway...makes for an eventful winter of building the chevy and doing the install...I'm actually considering a 383 stroker...Crazy???...**** STRAIGHT!!!!

SpencZ

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: I have the 383 stroker....

and T56 in mine. Sounds Like Dennis finally found out what I have been preaching on here for over a month. The amount of torque and HP at any given place on the throttle is amazing....Try putting it in 6th gear and idling down the highway at 1200rpms..... Great gas mileage from that BG 750. Don't think they had 22mpg in mind when they built them. Put it in 4th or less and you better have a fuel tanker close by, but I can spin the tires thru 5th and it is an overdrive.....500+ hp and 475+ Ft# of torque really helps add to the fun of a 2500# car......Do it and you to can spank a turbo....
(Just having a little fun turbo guys...)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Mike...Lets Talk!

Mike...E-mail me with the above address. I'd like to discuss with you some performance things and some engine building ideas. I'm just about ready to start body work on my car and the new powerplant won't be coming till this winter so I have some time to plan. I'd love to talk to somebody who knows whats up...Thanks.

Spencer
(SpencZ)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.