ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted before on upgradeing my points ignition for electronic ignition, Well Top End Performance said to use a distributer from a 280ZX. But when I talked to Arizona Z Car for a second opinion he said don't use the 280ZX distributer the bushings are plastic but use one from a 75-78 280Z, that one is better. Can I have another opinion from the forum on what to go with and what works better a 280Z or a 280ZX distributer. Thanks in advance.

Mike
71 240Z
w/ L28 triple 40mm Solex

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Distributer Question

well the Z was built more for sport then the ZX so I would go with the 75-58 280Z. But I have little first hand knowledge on the matter

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>Someone give him the Url for the electric ignit

I have it all printed out and it said to go with the 76-78 distributor. There is a url with pictures and great step by step instructions sorry I do not have the url. Ask around for it.
Zya-Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Distributer Question</b>

As far as I know all Z's use their advance setup more for pollution control than performance and if you really want a performance distributor go with a Mallory mech advance unit. They come with dual points but should be able to be upgraded with a after market elect. ignition, to me this seems the best way to go and you get a new distributor to start with but with a 200.00 price tag for distributor. I don't have one yet but will this june when I change out engines/header/transmission/rearend in my 240Z and 280Zs. Has anyone done any business with Rising sun motors for jap. import motor's? They have really good prices for L6's and I am going for 2 of them at 450.00 per + 75.00 shipping. Going to do a lot to one of them with the stack of parts I have waiting and use the other just to replace a smoking old engine. Going for 2 with the P90 heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.