ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dash has the pull out hazard. the one i found is supposedly a 73 also but it has a toggle switch. are these dashes the same except the switch? i dont want to remove the old and try to install the new only to find out it doesnt fit anyone know?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: dash in 73-240

Stephen,

Here is a little help. I bought a junk 72/240Z for replacement parts to my 73/240Z. The dash was in great shape... It had the toggle hazard switch, and like yours the 73 has the pull hazard switch.
This past summer, I pull the dash out of the 73, and try to install the 72. The wiring harness of the 72 would not plug into the 73's cars main harness connector. I had to remove the two harness out, and swap them. This sound like a lot of trouble... but it was not that bad. The good news is the 73 harness (plugs inside the dash) would connect to most of the items in the 72 dash. Keep in mind that I did swap over the gages.
If you have not pick up this other dash, take a good look at your main harness plugs. Those are the big ones by the right side of the car by the fresh air vent. If these two dashes are the same at that point, then you can easily swap the hazard switch, and any other items in the dash you like.
Good luck, Darryle Mann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.