ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Sport Compact Car has an article about a Z blah blah blah, they mentioned a close ratio 5-speed from Nissan motorsports. Article said they're no longer available. Does anyone have any info on these-can they be found, how much, are they worth it ...
Want to put one in my 240Z.
Thanks-Brian

·
Registered
358 Posts
RE: Close ratio 5-speed

I saw the article too, and it differs from what I've heard about the close ratio 5 speeds. What I heard is that 5th has a 1:1 ratio and that even with a 3.7:1 diff you will still be at a high rpm just like with the 4 speed and 3.36 diff. Plus, I've never heard of the diff they mentioned either but while looking around at the IZCC site it mentions that the Z432 had a close ratio 5 speed and diff option that matched what the mag describes.
Anyone out there who knows where to locate the tranny and diff mention PLEASE do tell. Better yet, e-mail me, I've got second dibs! :)
Anthony

·
Registered
358 Posts
RE: ALL Z EAST

Maybe you guys have heard of the tranny and diff mentioned or can search for them???
Thanks if so. Just thought I could try.
Anthony

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Nissan comp 5 spd

Yes, I do have one of these which I gave to my trans rebuilder to rebuild, as it came out of a racer's car. The shop said it was missing parts, and would cost $500.00
in missing parts still available from Nissan, so I just had him hold off on it.
I would sell it as is, but I would have to find out what was missing. Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: Nissan comp 5 spd</b>

Thanks Anthony and Joe. I'm not quite ready to buy at this moment, I'm just trying to do some research.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.