ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly, my diamond in the rough is coming together. I am looking for advice on getting it looking good for the street. does anyone have preferances for cleaning and detailing products. Specifically, I need something to help get the chrome looking as good as possible without having to replate. The bumpers are dull and somewhat pitted (nothing major). I have the time and elbow grease - just need a good product. The original hubcaps need some work too. Any advice out there from the experts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
RE: Cleaning and detailing advice needed

Chrome usually can't be brought back. What works on my 5 time champion Jaguar show car is Simonoz (sp?). It is the most aggresive cleaner I would trust.
For the paint I use Meguires products. #7 glaze followed by wax is tops. Be sure to use 100% cotton towels. Do the burn test on your towels. Hold a lit match to a corner. If it burns clean it's ok. If it melts into a little ball, it's not all cotton, and will scratch .
Bare aluminum calls for fine steel wool using mothers as a lubricant. Finish with Mothers and a cotton towel.
Tires. Use Armor All, and a nylon pot scrubber, folowed by a rag. Leaves a natural satan finish that is a show winner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.