ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got my 81 280zx na in time.And in last few weeks I have put a crank in with new bearings.I did not take the head off, or the intake, or exhaust.I just worked from the bottom to avoid this kind of problem.The problem is that it runs pretty good (not great)up in till 4,000 then it stops reving up,it will go up very slowly.The car seems to have about 80hp.The egr is working ok., has new wires and plugs(just before crank)and everything is hooked up.What could be left???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>sounds like>>>>>>>></b>

if all the mechanics are right then the problem is in the injection. the turbo ecu have always been very twichy. check the harness where it plugs into the brain, make sure all the wires are in tight. then disconnect the neg battery terminal for one minute- this will reset the ecu, start car, let idle for two minutes. repeat if necc. I had 8 turbos and ran into many injection problems. 513-972-5634, also the 82-83zxt have a fuel pump control moduel above the ecu that can fail or not work properly.

·
Registered
567 Posts
question for Jason (unrelated)

Jason,
You say you've had 8 turbos? Have you ever run into the problem of not getting fire from the coil? I have juice to it, and have replaced it twice, aswell as the condensor mounted to the coil bracket. Also, I have replaced the ECU, and distributor, to see if that would cure it. I am half tempted to give up on this car, please help, anyu info you can come up with would be apreciated!
Tony Rohn

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b> A GHOST IN THE MACHINE???</b>

I HAVE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM, BUT IT WAS REMYED BY THE THINGS YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE, THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS I WOULD HAVE TO SEE. SINCE YOU REPLACED ALL THOSE PARTS. THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE A SHORT IN THE WIRE FROM THE ECU TO THE PLUG ON THE COIL,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.