ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone did this upgrade from motorsport,Arizona Zcar or simmilar.
Using coil over springs and adjustable lower perches???
I am debating on the upgrade.
Here is my situation I have a 70' 240 which sits in my garage that I have been slowly bringing it back to life. I would like to one day be able to go to the track and run it, yet not destroy to much of the car. Example cut too many holes in the body "Strut Towers" .
Also has anyone installed a Dual overhead cam 6 From a Skyline into a Z????

Thanks Kusan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Camber Plate and Spring Kit,"RB26DETT&quo

tssssh#$%^&*(*&^%$.
waddauKidding?
EVERYBODY that goes fast did that susp. eons ago. Furthermore;they, or the smart ones, are begging for that motor!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Camber Plate and Spring Kit,"RB26DETT&amp

It's worth it if you really "race". Find out where you are going to race first. Once you start using coilovers and camber kits you get thrown in with the big dog classes. Racing is not much fun when you are getting your butt kicked because you are in a class you don't belong in because you wanted something fancy on your car. my advice is to start slow with a standard spring, swaybar upgrade, then keep going as needed. As far as cutting on the car---my theory is for a Z car, once you start there is no sense in stopping. Once you start modifying a car like the Z you know the car is never going back to showroom condition, so have fun with it.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Camber Plate and Spring Kit,"RB26DETT&amp

I have just installed the Ground Control systems adjustable system with coil overs. What a difference! It took my rolling/wandering zcar and turned it into a ZCAR! Nose slightly lowered and now corner weighted she feels so fine. I don't know how much the kit you are looking at is worth but I payed 399 for this kit. Well made and this company cut their teeth on the 240Z.
Chris 70Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.