ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO probs so far with my lowly stg 1, even though I am pushing it WAY past where C/M reccomends. And strapped down to the dyno, the tires won't spin - so the clutch holds or it doesn't!

The 225mm stg 3.5 aught to be awsome with its grip and lighter weight.

Rcr X

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: How hard is it to pedal Rcr X?

By comparison of the stock clutch, how stiff is it to operate. My girl is going to be driving my car some.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Not bad at all!</b>

Slightly over stock. By no means uncomfortable. After the first five minutes you would never notice unless you jumped directly into a Z with a stock clutch.

C/M states that they move the pivot point or something so the clamping pressure is greater but the pedal feel is only slightly more. It must work. My first impression, in fact, was that it felt soft for a 'performance' clutch. Have put 25K of hard miles on it (all turbo'ed), and last night proved that it is still very healthy.

Rcr X

For comparison, my car stock had 125hp @ the wheels. C/M states that the stage I is good for 25% hp over stock. I think I have exceeded that just a little.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Leaning towards it.

I haven't used Centerforce, but have friends who have and am not that encouraged by the results. My cars clutch is fine now for the stock setup, but it's only it's second clutch with 213,000 on the car. Not gonna hold together for the boost controller, intercooler, T03/T04 that I have acquired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.