ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
RE: I would like to know too.

90-94 Eagle Talons injectors have the same resistance and flow at 417cc/min. That's almost twice as big. No idea what they sell for. Just a thought.....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RC engineering</b>

you can buy bigger injectors from RC Engineering or a supplier of their products. I paid about $90/per for my 440cc RC injectors.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: Dodge Injectors?

I am having to replace my injectors soon. My #1 and #2 injectors are leaking and the rest are starting to leak. Will the dodge injectors install into a '76 280Z without any trouble? Will they connect the same? Impact parts also sells racing injectors for the Z's. I think that they were around 420cc's but are $99 a pop.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>Here's some info for youze guys!</b>

Nissan(and all early bosch systems) were designed to run at the edge of detonation(very, very lean). According to Bosch, the original injectors were designed to flow 16.2 LB/hr at 36.5 PSI. The later turbo injectors were designed to flow 18.5 to 19.5 LB/hr at 37.5 psi(from the 81-83 280zxt). Both types will interchange according to their resistance(about 2.5 ohms) across the terminals. Now Nissan will tell you that none of the injectors can interchange due to diff flow rates, etc. They are right, IF you don't do any modifications to the intake or exhaust side of the engine to provide more air for that fuel you have just introduced to the engine. Typical results of bigger injectors w.o. mods are stumbles at idle, poor throttle response, bad fuel economy, etc. More power can result if you use larger exhaust, better flowing head, ram air tube, larger t. body. You also must alter the air fuel mix to a ratio on the order of 13.2 to 13.7 to 1. Use your idle mixture screw to adjust this. A concern of mine was always that the original injectors had coil wrappings of copper which required the dropping resistors on the early cars. ALL brand new injectors come with the brass windings of later cars, which have their own resistance built in. It has nothing to do with the 2.5 ohms, but with how fast the energy is built up inside the injector coil to fire the solenoid. You can specify to RC that you want your injectors to have copper windings, but that drives up the cost of the rebuild. My solution has been all of the above mods to the engine, and use the later injectors(Standard motor products P# fj23). These injectors also use a later pintle design that eliminates clogging and also improved sealing capabilities, AND better spray pattern. Hint, open up your injector spray passages in the cylinder head(leads to better atomization in the mixture). GOOD LUCK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.