ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a 78 auto tranny could hold up to a zcar that was pushing about 300-325hp on a turbo motor or would I have to have it upgraded...and if so..who in the dallas area could do this. The reason I want to run Automatic is it seems like it would work better for dragracing. You would be able to get the rpm up a little and already have the rear pre-loaded..as to not give a shock to the rear and break the tires loose, should be able to leave the line better.....any ideas on this subject guys......240zturbo?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Yes!</b>

Steve, "Stealth", is working on an autotranny upgrade to handle 400+hp for drag racing purposes. He said he hopes to have it completed within 1 months time. He is at Alamo in Arlington. Hopefully all of us can benefit from this in the end. He plans to run a torque convertor from a 300zx in his setup. There still arises the problem of stall speed. You will need to pay someone to change/beefup the stall speed in the convertor to get boost before launch. It will not do you much good to have to launce at 1800RPM. I know Art Car transmissions in California will build the auto tranny to live at the 750hp level and give you whatever stall speed you desire. At the low cost of $2.5K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.