ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my deal. I have purchased lowering springs from motorsport auto, and am currently in need for struts because right now I have stock springs and struts and the struts are so worn the shaft is seizing occasionaly.
I will be autocrossing about 3 times a year and using the ms auto springs so what I want to know is Will the kybs suit my needs I dont exactly need formula 1 handling because you can probably imagine what it is like now. Im asking because impact parts has kybs for $39.99 a piece. And I cant afford tokikos.

Let me know

Thanks 73 240

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
RE: Are Kybs what I want?

I think I spent $300.00 on my Tokicos, and I autoX about once or twice a month. I also have ST springs and urethane sway bar bushings. It is really tight. You may well want to reconsider the Tokicos, I love mine.

Ken

·
Registered
650 Posts

i have KYBs in my 71 and i love them, it was money i actually feel was worth spending, im also running eibach proline springs. the tokikos ive heard good and bad stories about, but on a personal note, ive had a bad experience with them in my friends corolla.

I say go for the KYBs, even the 510's have a hard time hanging with me around corners >=]. -ed

·
Registered
650 Posts

by the way, my 510 needs some kybs, where is this impact parts at? =)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Are Kybs what I want?ed answer

impact parts is in new york
there on the web for honda there 800# is
800-431-3400
impactparts.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
I run on KYB's, and I have no body roll.

I have been on KYB's for about 4 years now, and I love them. I have virtually no body roll. I can take tight turns and the car just rips through. (If I can keep my foot out of the throttle a little :) My problem is just finding tires wide enough to put the power to the ground.

I have taken hundreds of 4000rpm launches in my car, and the KYB's really help to get rid of the squatting in the rear. Even under full throttle my car hardly dips in the back.

I paid $49 for my struts, so I guess your getting a better deal at $39.

Chris Behney
President
Redline Autosports

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.