ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a straight through welded muffler. Has anyone tried this and how does it compare to a 2 chamber flowmaster what would you recommend.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
RE: Anyone tried welded dynomax race magnum?

havent tried dinomax.but had 2 chamber flowmaster
way to loud for street and no back pressure.car ran like sh&* even with a small glasspack in the middle.
good luck

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have a dynomax on my 81 turbo. Love it, nice deep sound but not as loud as the ratty sounding hondas the kids have.
I used a 3" pipe from the down pipe to the cat and a 2 1/2" back to the dynomax near the rear bumper.
Hard to say if anything really improved because the old muffler and tailpipe were full of holes and the car ran like sh*t when I got it.

·
Registered
78 Posts

I have a DynoMax SuperTurbo on my 74 260 Z with no catalic converter and a 3" exhaust pipe. It has a nice smooth sound and not that loud. (Well kinda) You may get different results from having a Cat converter.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spilled soda on keyboard,deleted all & hit ent

Thinggggs are getting stiiicky! **** the soda. As I was saying, I use a Magna Flow 3" in 3" out straight through design muffler with basicall a 3" medrel bent cat back system with out the cat on my 240Z Turbo. It sounds great and the car pulls to the rev limiter easily. I have also heard good thing about the Sebring straght through with swirl design.
Laterrrrrrr,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT

Dammmmmn the Soooddaaaaa!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.