ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting one but i don't know if its any good? I am also redoing my seats. should i have them reupolstered or buy a newer lighter seats?
thanks
matt

G

·
RE: Anyone have a motorsport autocross steering wh

I just installed the Formula black spoke wheel and it looks great. It is 14" which is smaller than the stock wheel. It really changed how the car drove, it steers faster and is harder to turn(makes me think I am at the wheel of a race car)but makes the car more fun to drive, I think the 13" Autocross would be a handful on the road, but you may like it for autocrossing and get use to it on the road. The hub looks great also.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

I have it. I am dissapointed in the quality control. The stitching was coming apart right from the start. It is vinyl not leather. I will probably sell it and get a MOMO some day soon.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If I'm not mistaken, that steering wheel is a Grant. $60 at Autozone in Dallas (plus hub kit $25?). I've had two on two different cars and their 13.5" Rally wheel as well. Yeah, the quality is decent (not great), but for $60? Not bad to me. For me driving it on the street is not a problem if you have tires with decent side walls. I just bought A509s and you would think the car had power steering it is so light! On the track it is MUCH better.

The one problem I have had with both Zs is that the finger for the horn has to be bent up. It wasn't made to do this and if it gets loose it grounds out on the steering shaft and starts honking when you turn the wheel. Anyone else done this? Not pretty.

My 2 cents,
Brian

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

Brian is correct it is a Grant wheel that comes in a Grant box. All MSA does is add the Z horn button.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>RE: Anyone have a motorsport autocross steering

yes indeed it is a grant gt wheel order one from pep boys. better price but no z horn button.i love mine and yes i do autoX often.

zee ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.