ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nothing makes me feel better than smoken a FORD. My victim list: 89 5.0 with vortech
96 cobra
98 cobra
86 5.0 hatchback
98 4.6l
and many more smoked by the ol 280zxt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
RE: Any rusty rustang kill stories anyone?

Jason,I know your turbo has a few more horses than my 78280,but how in the **** are you managing that,is this B.S. or are you just launching better than the rusty musties!!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Here we go....

Let's just jump to the end.
My car is faster than your car.

We've all heard this before. Yes, good running turbo z's, or any z for that matter, can beat poorly running mustangs, camaros, supras, etc. Racing on the street can be such a joke. That's how rumors and egos get started. Many times I've had some moron in a POS hotrod pull up next to me wanting to race. Sometimes I just ignore them, othertimes I might "goose" the throttle to jump ahead a little just to show them what they are messing with. Now if they think that's a race and nail the throttle, jump way ahead, then go home and tell all their friends about the car they just smoked, well let them. I've gotten to where I want to see time slips, if not the actual run. I'm tired of hearing guys tell me how fast their car is because they once beat a guy who beat a guy who said he ran low 11s in the quarter. If you want to tell "kill" stories then make it a story. Stories are fun to read. Things like how you suckered a guy or embarassed some body who had been bragging about the car. Just listing all the cars you have "beaten" makes for boring reading.
greg
71 240z

check above for my next post, I'm going to have a contest

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Here we go....

OK, I was about 18. had my first car, a 70 R/T Challenger with a 340. A nice paint job and mis-matched rims; Cragar Keystones on front and turbines on back. I was one of the few with a car senoir year in Detroit Mich. Trips to Gratiot and Woodward ave were a staple (tons of racing vehicles leaglly running on the street, even slicks were allowed regularly. I thought I had a pretty quick car for a stock item. One late night on my way home at 6 mile rd across from the cop-shop, I'm sitting at a red-light when an early 70s model Charger pulls up beside me with three girls in it. We both had our windows down and one shouts out at me You wanna race? What do you think. Being a street menace was about all my life was then. So, I'm waiting for the light to change...green light! I had it revved to about 2 grand and then I floored it(auotmatic). All tanked up, screaming across the intersection, wheels breaking loose like mad right in front of the police station, where I'm fighting to stay straight and beat that chick! I look around for them to see how I'm doing against them and there they were, still sitting there at the light watching me pointing and laughing there pretty little asses off in my mirror as I make a complete ass of myself. I didn't take much pride in beating those girls that night and it's a good thing no cops were outside at the time. How's that for a story Greg. Top that. Please top that. Oh well, I've grown up alot since then. BTW, those cars were old then, too. I'm not that old.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Greg

I totally disagree with your
claimed "street racing is a
joke" point. What is the fun
in having a quick car if you
dont show it. Sure a '70
Hemicuda could smoke my '81
turbo, but it is still a
thrill to try.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hay I like to try any car

I like to race any car if I lose I lose but love it when I win. I like hitting the mountain roads and seeing a fast car go by me at 100 mph and befor they hit the top of the grade I pass them going 95 mph when I started at 65 mph at the bottem it pisses them off.

I love to beat mustangs like 6 months ago I beat a 5.0 mustang that my boss had. boy was he pissed. Week later they where laying off people humm I wonder why. Now I work for a company that pays better and all that.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>hey greg your are just tooo cool, F.O</b>

should i bow to you,, bring your slow ass z to the table and i will bring one from my selection.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<b>RE: Any rusty rustang kill stories anyone?</b>

One question for you:

What size and kind of tires do you run on the back of you Z?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.