Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Welded 3.90 for sale</b>

Being welded does that make it positive traction? Is it a R200? Shipping cost to Maryland?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE:question for ya turbo!</b>

THE WELDED REAREND KNOW IS THAT FOR DRAG ONLY OR COULD YOU USE THAT IN SOLO AND HILL CLIMBS? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT BRE WOULD SOMETIMES WELD THERES.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>Answer to both!</b>

When you weld the spider gears, it becomes a locked diff. This means at all times both tires are putting power to the pavement unlike an open stock diff. that only puts the power down through only one tire at any given time. You can run the diff on the street and some do. The only problem is understeer that is created when making sharp turns quickly. Not too desirable for road race where the course has sharp constant turns. The under steer while cornering is caused by the following. Because both tires turn at the same rate at all times, when you turn the outside tire must cover more ground than the inside tire. Thus, the inside tire will actually push the car against the direction you are turning. This should only really affect you when you attempt to make a sharp turn at a high rate of speed. The welded diffs are mostly used in drag and some open course racing. I would think for open races like hill climbing it would be ok. Once the spider gears are welded, the diff is just about indestructable. The diff is an R-200.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>RE: Answer to both!</b>

Sorry,I think that is too much rear for my needs. I'm looking for a LSD 3.9 R200. Thanx anyway..

Chuck Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: Any 3.9 differentials 4 sale

Please tell me what all the IDs for a diff are like R-180, R-190 , R-200 and do these have somthing to do with what comes inside them like a R-200 4.11????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.