Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Joe,

I was wondering about your business.... I think its great that you keep an eye on this forum. But was wondering about your location. Seems I saw something about a yard location of yours in southern Oregon. If so, where is it at?

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: All Z East... Request

Hi Dennis,
We are in Portland, OR.
We are a wrecking yard for z cars, and have approx 400 z's.
We also stock many new parts
that are frequently requested,
including clutches, KYB struts, 3 core radiators, and more. There are only 4 of us here, but we usually get the parts shipped the day ordered.
We are also members of 2 computer hotlines linking 4500
wrecking yards, so many times I just locate for people in their area if it is a large part, although we can ship anything anywhere if the price is right. We accept visa/mc and am express, or money orders. Our tollfree US and Canada line is 1-800-533-5659. Our address is
ALL Z EAST
1721 B NW 11 Mile ave.
Gresham, OR 97030

JPEG digital pictures are available on any part orders
before purchase.
I hope this helps! Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Shameless Plug - Thanks Joe!</b>

Thanks for all your help to many of us here a zcar.com

You always advise wisely and back it up with parts availability.

Q1: I bought a 82 N/A 5 speed to drop into my '72 automatic. In your opinion, is the Centerforce I clutch essentially the same quality and performance as a stock 280Z coupe? Recent posts have downplayed the CF.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: Shameless Plug - Thanks Joe!

I have heard of people breaking the center force clutches on the first 1/4 mile drag, and I've personally had them in a car for years without any problem. I have also used Daiken clutches with no failures for years, but I saw those were being talked negatively about on the forum also. But I don't do burnoffs with them,
it's hard for me to want to tear up the z's that I have, as they are mostly stock with original paint. I do have a 75 with a 327 5spd that can light em up at 70mph. But it is mostly parked as I don't have much spare time, and don't need any tickets on my record.
What is the use of your car?
Is it a daily driver?
When doing a clutch, make sure the flywheel is surfaced
as this will eliminate some of the premature slipping, and or chattering. Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: Shameless Plug - Thanks Joe!</b>

Weekend road warrior...I want 0-90 asap, not interested in
125mph.

Thanks