ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my carbs set on 72 and it runs great. The only problem I have is a high "relatively" rpm drop off which occurrs around 4200. When I remove the air filter the car pulls hard, up to red line. Does anyone know how to modify the original air filter assembly to make it less restrictive or should I go with some sort of after market filters. If you guys think I should go after amrket, please advise who makes the best and how much they cost. By the way, the filter is new and the air selctor is set to the summer mode. When I swithched it to summer, I was able to get another 300 rpms. Thanks iin advance for your input.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: airfilter restrictive

K&N makes a filter to fit in the stock box. I would also consider running a clothes dryer vent hose from the snorkel to the big round hole on the radiator support. (assuming you no longer use the hole for the drivers side interior vent), This way you're getting cool air in instead of hot engine bay air. Maybe you even get a little ram air effect as a bonus. I live in SO.FLA. so I dont need the winter setup. All my fixes seem to come from Home Depot.....something wrong here.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: airfilter restrictive

I read somewhere about drilling
1/4" holes around airfilter housing. don't remember spacing.
I prefer K/n separates, w/o smog stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.